Vintners.net "spam" management
(Page last updated: 23-Nov-2003)
Email "spam" (AKA "UCE" Unsolicited Commercial Email) will not be
tolerated incoming or outgoing at Vintners.net.
If you have received a "spam" email purporting to come from
Vintners.Net or any of it's customers (including BonairWine.com),
please click here.
- Vintners.Net customers: you have a responsibility to not originate
spam. Failure to comply entails forfeiture of your account and any
prepaid balance. Please see our Spam
Policy page for details.
- Please see our
Prevention - General Techniques page -- we bet you'll learn
something about avoiding spam in the future.
- If you receive spam that you believe came through Vintners.net, we
do want to hear about it; please visit our Spam Policy page for details on getting
the information to us.
- Vintners.net maintains an active stance at barring incoming spam
from reaching it's customers by maintaining a Local Blocklist and further, by being
subscribed to the Mail Abuse
Prevention System (MAPS).
- [20180826 - the Vintners.net "outhouse"
facility has been discontinued.]
- If you receive a "550 error" from the Vintners.net Local Blocklist, we will be more than
happy to work with you on clearing the problem (click Blocklist
link for details).
- Vintners.net customers are welcome to elect creeps to the Local
Blocklist when receiving repeated spam emails. Please visit our
Local Blocklist page for
- Please visit our Mail handling
Statistics page for our current statistics -- you will most
likely be astonished (and probably disgusted)!
- When you get spam email, this is what you can do:
Response to spam.
- An excellent study on spam:
Research on "spam magnets" by the Center for Democracy and Technology, Mar-2003.
Copyright © 1997-2021
(running on host brix)