Davis Weather Station batteries
When I'm at the local drug store, the place where I can buy weird
batteries, I can never remember the number of the battery used in the
Vantage Vue Instrument Cluster (Davis #6357)... So this webpage will
help me, and perhaps you as well!
It's the CR123, aka DL123.
I've gotten as much as 4 years of life in this application. As the
system does return this information to you, it's safe to
simply wait until you're warned that it needs replacing.
- I don't recall absolutely that the base station shows it, but
I'm sure it shows up in the "commentary" area.
- The Cumulus console on the computer always shows it in the
display; near the bottom left it says:
"TX Battery Status: 1-ok
Your lone weather station is #1, and it's battery status will be
"LOW" instead of "ok".
- Also note that the Vintners.Net PMI program - if properly set
up, and you are the administrator of the station - will have a
"manage station" option. This page will show the system
parameters; the default configuration has "#txbattery" which
shows the same TX status line described above.
- And, assuming the above portion is working, PMI will notify you
via email/txt if the TX status line changes - assuming your
preferences are set for "use txt" and/or "use email".
- Lastly, FYI, the base station (Davis #6351) takes 3 standard "C"
- This may be indicated in the base station commentary area, I don't recall for sure.
- This does NOT show on the web-based console screen.
- As above, this shows up in the PMI program under the "manage
station" option as the "#battery" value (assuming all is set up
properly, see "sysparmsT.htm"
in Client install).
Copyright © 2012-2023
Website hosting by Vintners.Net
(running on host: brix)